Hi guys, I figured as long as you needed the inside track on everything financial, you might as well learn about Reverb.com right here! They absolutely screwed me on this last deal so bad that it I had to post about it!
I will keep this short and simple as no drama is required to relate the story, it will speak for itself.
1. A guy buys a functional but not pretty Ampeg SVT350H head from me and pays with reverb checkout. I ship the amp to him. He receives the amp a few days later.
2. Guy proceeds to drop the amp off at UPS over and over so they have to redeliver it back to him a total of six times. I have attached images to prove this because it is so absurd.
3. Guy ships amp back to reverb’s headquarters, not back to me even though I told him to ship it to me for inspection/refund. Keep in mind my listing said no returns unless the item was DOA.
4. Reverb issues guy a refund (including his original shipping) and ships item to me.
5. I receive the amp back totally damaged and destroyed, all pots pushed in, completely smashed, all destroyed including internals, box is soaked with oil.
6. Reverb in all of it’s capacity tells me to screw myself in multiple emails and phone calls. There is no recourse on my end. Here is what this thing looked like:
TL/DR: Reverb issued a refund on my behalf when a buyer completely destroyed an amplifier. Before I even got the amp back. This entire affair took about 3 months from start to finish. Careful out there guys. Reverb will screw you too and the buyers know this so they have carte blanche to destroy your stuff and demand a refund!